Registering for IBM Service Request
- Access SR at http://www.ibm.com/support/servicerequest/
- Enter your IBM login ID and password. If you do not have a login ID, click the "Register Now" link located just above the login box to create your login/password. Note: If you are already authenticated, then continue to the next step.
- Click the "Continue" button to begin email validation. Note: If your email address is already validated with IBM, then continue to Step 6.
- Click the “Send verification email” button to receive your registration/verification code.
- Enter the registration code that was sent via email into the “Registration code” field and click Submit. Note: The email with the verification code is sent from email@example.com and has the subject "IBM Software Support registration: Please verify your email address."
- Click the “Continue” button to register with IBM Service Request.
- Enter your IBM customer number, select the country, and click Submit.
Scroll down to the bottom of the Support Registrations page to see the status of your request. If your Site Technical Contact (STC) or SR Administrator allows automatic approval for Basic access, then your request is complete and your additional customer number will be listed under "Existing access" at the bottom of the Support Registrations page. Otherwise, your request will be routed for approval and listed as "Pending." Click the Return to Service Request link located near the top left of the page.
Verification Code Help
If you do not receive your email verification code, check your e-mail spam folder. The email with the verification code is sent from firstname.lastname@example.org and has the subject "IBM Software Support registration: Please verify your email address". If you are still having trouble getting your verification code or the code does not work, please fill out the SR Help Desk Form for assistance.
Note: SR allows you to register for multiple IBM customer numbers for your company and manage your service requests across all of them at once. There is no need to have multiple accounts and it may cause problems with SR registration. For more information, please see the help tab to add customer numbers.
IBM Business Partners: please see the Business Partners help tab for accessing SR.
Accelerated Value Program customers: please contact your Accelerated Value Leader for access to IBM Service Request.
SoftwarExcel and Resolve customers: please register with IBMLink to gain access to IBM Service Request.